Introducing Databook – Your unfair advantage to get C-level conversations
It’s time to welcome a new Sales Confidence partner to the community. Let’s find out more about Databook.
One of the things I like best about leading Sales Confidence is being able to announce new partnerships with best-of-breed organisations in and around the SaaS industry. Some of the brilliant partners we have onboard include Salesloft, Varicent and Clari. Today, there’s a new name to add to the list – Databook.
I’m excited to announce our new partnership with Databook, through its GM for EMEA, Peter Zuyderduyn. After speaking with Peter and his team, it’s clear that our partnership will bring huge benefits to you and the rest of the community.
What is Databook?
Databook is a SaaS platform that delivers real-time company intelligence to sales teams on their prospects and customers. Databook equips sellers with the relevant and automatically suggested sales plays, which are selected through algorithms and based on the:
- Financial performance – from earnings calls, reports etc;
- Management intent – what the C-suite in the company is talking about in public;
- Strategic priorities;
- and Buying cycle of the prospect
This allows the sales teams to more strategically approach their prospects, targeting the C-suite through a motion of unstructured deal origination, in which they articulate the value at stake for the prospect, prior to demonstrating the features of their solution areas. Databook’s empirical evidence shows that approaching customers in this way, saves a lot of time researching, but more importantly resonates better with prospects, both in the outreach-phase, as well as in the actual client conversations.
Databook combines the outside-in business perspective with the use cases and client reference cases of a the company, in easy-to-dissect formats, including PowerPoint and Google slides. Databook does most research for you, saving you vast amounts of time. Armed with this information, Account executives can now approach a prospect with a business value view point, as a starting point in a conversation. Currently Databook clients amongst others are Microsoft, Salesforce, Databricks, Celonis, AWS and many more.
The great thing about Databook is that it delivers value for everyone in your sales team:
- BDRs – With Databook, BDRs can now prospect smarter. It gives them the most accurate and most recent business value at stake perspective, so they will have a higher chance of a higher conversion.
- AEs – AEs can use Databook to get daily news and updates of their prospects and their industry peers, so they are always up to date, and will truly understand whether the industry is making or losing money, and what are strategic updates of their prospects. This all to position the most relevant sales plays at the right time to the right prospect.
- Sales leaders – Databook provides Sales leader with the business health lense of prospects so they can better anticipate how deals will progress. For example, if a prospect is trying to control costs, a potential deal is more likely to slip to the next quarter - this allows for more accurate forecasting, which is key for Sales leadership
Peter Zuyderduyn is the General Manager for EMEA at Databook. It’s been great to get to know him as we’ve worked on our partnership. Peter’s background is in strategy consulting. He has spent 17 years at Accenture and Booz Allen working with many listed companies, advising C-level on their corporate and digital strategies. His experience in consulting informs his passion for Databook and the difference it can make to sales teams. It’s a platform Peter wishes he could’ve used when he was still a consultant.
Peter sees Databook as part of a best-of-breed suite of SaaS solutions that include Salesforce, Prolific and Clari. He understands the challenges salespeople face and the time it takes for them to get the information they need to properly build a story line addressing business value improvements to their prospects. Databook makes research faster and more efficient. It means you can be quicker to market and have those all-important C-level conversations before your competitors. It’s why Peter calls Databook your ‘unfair advantage’.
Another reason I can’t wait to work more closely with Peter and Databook is that we share the same philosophy on sales and salespeople. By partnering with us, Peter wants to connect and build awareness with salespeople of all levels. They just have to be open-minded and willing to learn. Fortunately, that’s what we’re all about at Sales Confidence. I always say the salespeople that come to our events and consume our content are the cream of the crop because they devote their valuable time to improve their skills and mindset.
Here's to a long and successful partnership!
Don’t miss the next Sales Confidence event
If you didn’t know, Sales Confidence now holds events online and in person. Don’t miss the unrivalled insights, networking and fun you only get at Sales Confidence.
I can’t wait to welcome Peter Zuyderduyn from Databook to the Sales Confidence stage on December 1st for our next sales leaders’ event.
Visit our events page to find out more and book your seat.
To find out more about Databook, visit trydatabook.com.